Archive for the ‘products’ Category
Bloom Baby makes the sweetest designer stroller system we’ve seen on the market. The Zen all-terrain stroller and Yoga Newborn Nest feature sleek, modern, and compact folding designs complete with ultra-fancy features like solar powered lights and designer color collections. But, does the design translate into a useful system? Read on to find out how the stroller system fared in our hands.
Travel is intense to say the least. Plans constantly change. You are continually on the move. There’s always lots of walking and tons to see and learn. If you’re like me, you’d agree all the effort is worth the experience. Step traveling up a notch and try traveling with a baby. This introduces another set of challenges. But with the proper baby travel gear and a little patience, you can modify your travel style to accommodate your new addition.
Perhaps the single most important baby travel accessory is a baby carrier. We took the new BabyBjörn Carrier One (also known as the One) out for a test spin. Read on to see if it can make our baby travel dreams come true.
Sure you can clip your nano to anything within arms reach, but if you nod off at work while daydreaming of a top secret life as a double-o or reminiscing about inspector gadget, you know that the nano could be so much more. With music, photos, and all manner of Q inspired gadgetry tucked inside, it could easily be the ultimate all-purpose watch. First, however, you’ll need the ultimate watchband. Enter LunaTik’s CMYK TikTok watch straps for the iPod Nano. Are they worth the geek factor appeal? Are all Nano bands created equal? We took the TikTok CMYK for a spin to find out.
There’s something conspiratorially intimate about looking through an artist’s sketchbook. Filled with raw ideas that encompass both beginnings of larger projects and one-shot passing ideas, flipping through someone’s sketchbook is akin to peeking into someone else’s mind.
For fellow office potatoes who spend oodles of time at the computer, or those of you who’ve just gotta sit in snazzy comfort, check out the Generation Chair by Knoll. This is one stylish little desk chair. It’s sleek in both form and function and looks pretty much gorgeous accenting any old desk. Best yet it completely holds up to the test time: 10+ hours at your desk in this chair will leave you kink free. Ergonomically correct? Check. Environmentally friendly? Check. Colorful and flashy? Check, and check.
Meeeeooow! Looking for the perfect place for your kitty to rest her head? Then check out Studio Mango. A design group based in the Netherlands, they are sure to wow you.
Looking for a handy little travel aid kit? When packing up all those pesky provisions of medicine and travel-sized toiletries for a recent trip, I came across a compact travel aid kit filled with all the necessary travel bits. I’m talking bandages, antiseptic, earplugs, a pill tube, a miniature sewing kit, buttons, tweezers, tiny scissors, a compass-thermometer and a bunch of other useful items all in one place (and weighing only 3.5 ounces)!
Travel Aid Kit
Rick Steves’ Travel Store
$19.95 (currently on sale for $15.95)
1. Crystal Cave Rock Ring: Glitzy to the max, this one of a kind glittering ring makes a rockin’ gift!
2. Silver Orbital Drop Earrings: These versatile earrings are funky and flashy at the same time.
Jones New York, $28.
3. Fish Hotel: How cool is this fish tank?
Crate & Barrel, $29.95.
4. Festive Christmas Tree Hat: The perfect hat for a tree trimming party, right? So adorable!
5. Curvy Chrysanthemum Vase: This flowery vase has an organic underwater spirit to it.
6. Peas USB Hub: How cute! A four-hub USB 2.0 plug for all your devices.
MoMA Store, $32.
7. GingerDead Men Cookie Cutter: Now you can bake your very own undead gingerbread men.
8. Sushi Memo Set: Scribble all your raw thoughts on this paper assortment of sushi. Toro, maguro, tamago, and salmon sushi, respectively.
MoMA Store, $18.95.
1. Color Wheel Stick Umbrella: Brighten a rainy day with this color burst umbrella!
MoMA Store, $40.
2. Bubble Necklace: Part gaga, part sophisticated artisan necklace, this piece was designed by Marina and Susanna Sent who come from a long line of glass designers hailing from Venice, Italy.
MoMA Store, $115.
3. Generation by Knoll: For the ultimate in office comfort, plant yourself in the Knoll Generation Chair. Designed for maximum flexibility, this chair is bendy and nimble beyond belief, sustainable, and stylishly cutting edge.
4. Horse Head: Love horses? This life-sized bust will jazz up any room and serve as a perfect conversation starter at your next cocktail party.
Z Gallerie, $129.95.
5. Vasa Cubes: Colorful and fun, these dazzling prism cubes were created by the Yugoslavian-born sculptor Vasa.
MoMA Store, Set of 6: $350.
6. Sequoia Console Table: This shimmery table crafted from the root of an Acacia tree is hand painted in silver, with accents of silver leaf.
Z Gallerie, $999.
7. Pantone Mugs: A classic graphic design staple, these Pantone mugs come in tons of custom mixed colors.
Pantone, $54-$90 for a set of 6 (price dependent on color schemes).
8. Tea Time Chandelier: An Alice in Wonderland-esque tea party chandelier with 18 vintage teacups dangling from spoons attached to silver serving trays.
Our Absolute Favorite Holiday Tune this Season:
“Frosty the Snowman” by Zee Avi. This isn’t your typical Frosty tune, Zee has reinvented this classic with an unbelievably fresh twist.
I love the ukulele. Since the day I picked up my first uke, I’ve been smitten. A longtime lover of tiki, Hawaii, and all things tropical, naturally ukes became a favorite obsession of mine (specifically pineapple ukes). Why? For starters they’re tiny, they’re cute, and their tropical island sound sends me into a south seas daydream.